What if I want to report directly to the police?

If you want we can refer you to a trained police LGBT Liaison Officer in your local borough, although we cannot guarantee the service you will receive from them. Alternatively you can contact your local police station directly and arrange to make a crime report.

If you do choose to report directly to the police tell them you want it recorded as a homophobic/transphobic hate crime.

Transphobic crime can be recorded as a transphobic incident.  However, the police often record it as ‘homophobic’ so make sure you inform them you want it recorded as ‘transphobic’ when you contact them.

You should also make sure they give you a crime reference number and always ask for a copy of the crime report to be sent to you.