Galop is delighted to anounce our involvement with cliniQ, the new holistic sexual health and well-being clinic for trans* people and their partners and friends.
The idea for cliniQ came from trans people themselves, who often face difficulties in accessing informed, respectful and appropriate sexual health screening and testing from mainstream GUM clinics. After two years of meeting, planning and preparations, cliniQ finally opened in February this year. It is already proving popular and everyone involved in cliniQ is working hard to ensure all trans* and genderqueer people get access to a high quality, excellent service in a friendly, welcoming environment.
Here are some things you might like to know about cliniQ:
- cliniQ runs every Wednesday from 5pm to 7pm at 56 Dean Street in Soho
- cliniQ is a drop-in service. You do not need to make an appointment beforehand.
- cliniQ is free and confidential
- cliniQ is run by trans people and allies
- When you arrive, ask for cliniQ at the reception desk and you will be directed to the second floor.
- At cliniQ you can take your time, have a cup of tea or coffee, register (under the name of your choice) and find out what’s available.
- First of all you will have a private chat with one of cliniQ’s trained greeters, who will ask about your preferred name and pronoun, tell you all the things that are available, find out which services you might want to use, explain the options for STI testing if that’s what you want and answer any initial questions you might have. All this is to ease the way for you to get a friendly and respectful service at cliniQ.
- After this you will then see the appropriate person for the service(s) you are interested in that evening. The range of services on offer are:
– STI testing
– Liver function testing (hormone levels)
– Pregnancy testing and advice
– Advice and listening about drug and alcohol issues
– Advice and listening if you’ve experienced sexual or domestic abuse, harassment or transphobia
– Employment coaching and mentoring
– Plus referral to other trans* friendly organisations as required.
cliniQ is open to all ages, all genders, all sexualities, all ethnicities – all trans* people and their partners & friends are very welcome!