Who is/isn’t eligible?

Anyone who has suffered an injury as a result of being a victim of a violent crime in England, Wales or Scotland can apply. You do not have to be a British citizen but the criminal injuries scheme does not apply to incidents that took place outside Great Britain.However, the criminal injuries compensation scheme does have specific criteria that you need to consider.