Galop Holiday Opening Hours
Galop wishes you all a peaceful and safe festive season – here is some information about when our services will be closed over the holidays and some suggestions of who else you can contact if you’re in need.
The London LGBT+ Advice Line will close at 4pm on Friday 22nd December and re-open at 10am on Tuesday 2nd January. You can leave a message on the answerphone or fill in the online report form here on the website if you want to tell us about something. We will get back to you as soon as possible in the New Year.
London LGBT+ Advice Line: 020 7704 2040
The National LGBT+ Domestic Abuse Helpline will be closed on December 25th, December 26th and January 1st. It will be open on December 27th, 28th & 29th and will go back to normal hours on Tuesday 2nd January. You can leave a message on the answerphone or email email@example.com if you want to tell us about something. National LGBT+ Domestic Abuse Helpline: 0800 999 5428
Our office will close at 5pm on Friday 22nd December and re-open at 10am on Tuesday 2nd January. Galop’s office: 020 7697 4081
In an emergency: call 999
If you have been hurt, threatened or experience any kind of harassment or violence, call the police. For emergencies call 999, otherwise call 101.
If you need support and someone to talk to while we are closed, here are some useful options:
- Switchboard offers listening, advice and useful contacts and is open every day from 10am to 10pm. Tel: 0300 330 0630.
- Samaritans is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week on Tel: 116 123
- Childline has useful information, web chat and telephone support for young people Tel: 0800 1111
- The website www.stoponlineabuse.org.uk has lots of useful information and links if you experience harassment on social media or online.
If you experience sexual assault:
In addition to calling the police on 999, you can get confidential emergency treatment and help at a Sexual Assault Referral Centre.
- In London Tel: 020 3299 6900, The Havens, London’s NHS Sexual Assault Referral Centres.
- For Centres outside London, go to: www.thesurvivorstrust.org
- Survivors UK’s web chat support for men is open for some of the Christmas period www.survivorsuk.org
- Rape Crisis offer telephone support for women Tel: 0808 802 9999 www.rapecrisislondon.org
If you experience domestic abuse:
In addition to calling the police on 999, you can find advice and someone to talk to at:
- Refuge Tel: 0808 2000 247
- Men’s Advice Line Tel: 0808 801 0327
- National Centre for Domestic Violence for emergency legal help Tel: 0808 970 2070
The Galop team