Hate Crime

Our hate crime support service

Galop can help if you experience homophobia, transphobia or biphobia wherever it occurs. Talk to us about insults, intimidation, threats, online abuse or violence targeting you because of your sexual orientation or gender identity. We are confidential, independent and based within LGBT+ communities.

You can read our handbook, Hate Crime: A guide for LGBT+ people here

You can download our Hate Crime Service flyer here

Get help

We can give independent advice wherever you are in the UK. We also have a specialist casework service for people in London facing homophobia, transphobia or biphobia. We also have a specialist trans safety casework service and a young people’s safety casework service in London.



Get it recorded

Speaking up can be difficult, but reporting makes a difference. It can help prevent it happening to other people and improve how services respond. You can tell the police directly or we can discuss your options and help with reporting.


Talk to us


Fill out our self-referral form

Make a referral

We also accept referrals from professionals. You can find our Referral Form here.

Our other services:

Domestic abuse is any kind of threatening behaviour, violence, or abuse between people who have been intimate partners or family members. Click for more

Galop provides confidential and independent advice and support for LGBT+ people who have experienced sexual assault, abuse or violence. Click for more