I Want To Report A Hate Crime But I Don’t Want To Report To The Police

Galop can give you advice and support, and can also take a report from you if you wish – without you having to speak to the police. If you prefer to contact us via our website, you can fill in a report online and submit it to us, choosing whether to remain anonymous or to give your details. Alternatively, you can call our helpline to talk to an advisor. See the section on Assisted Reporting for more details about how this works.

You can contact your local police station directly and arrange to make a crime report. Alternatively, you can contact Galop and we may be able to refer you to an LGBT-friendly police officer (often called LGBT Liaison Officers). However, please be aware that calling Galop is not an alternative to calling 999 in an emergency.

Our services:

Our hate crime casework service can give you advice, support and help if you experience homophobia, transphobia or biphobia. Click for more

Domestic abuse is any kind of threatening behaviour, violence, or abuse between people who have been intimate partners or family members. Click for more

Galop provides confidential and independent advice and support for LGBT+ people who have experienced sexual assault, abuse or violence. Click for more