LGBT+ Domestic Violence and Abuse Helpline Supervisor
Galop has been providing advice and support to the LGBT+ community for 35 years. Galop’s aim is to prevent and reduce violence and abuse experienced by LGBT+ people through:
- Provision of practical help and support for LGBT+ people affected by violence and abuse
- Empowering LGBT+ people to make informed choices and decisions about their lives
- Challenging inequality and discrimination and celebrating diversity of the LGBT+ community
- Working in partnership, collaboration and multi-agency action to increase the safety and well-being of LGBT+ people.
JOB TITLE: LGBT+ Domestic Violence and Abuse Helpline Supervisor
The key projects are:
- The National LGBT+ Domestic Violence and Abuse Helpline provides emotional and practical support for LGBT+ people experiencing domestic violence and abuse.
- The Domestic Abuse Partnership (DAP) is a pan-London multi-agency project providing a holistic response to LGBT+ adults affected by domestic abuse, including advocacy, housing advice and counselling.
The Helpline Supervisor will be responsible for the day to day running of the National LGBT+ Domestic Violence and Abuse Helpline including supervision of helpline staff, monitoring the service, communication and promotion of this UK wide service. In addition, the Supervisor will assist Galop’s Domestic Abuse Services Manager to coordinate the DAP in London, including assistance with promotion, communication and compiling reports to funders.
The position is initially until 30th June 2018 with the possibility of extension dependent on funding. It is a full time post 35 hours a week.
LOCATION: Greater London
JOB POSTCODE: N7 6PA
SALARY: £28,369- £31,073 p.a.
CONTRACT TYPE: Fixed term contract
HOURS: 35 hours per week
CLOSING DATE: Monday 27th November 2017 12pm
HOW TO APPLY:
Complete the two forms below and send by email only to email@example.com. Please make sure to address the points in the person specification in your answer to section six of the application form.
Please contact us on 020 7697 4081 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.