Announcement: Police Complaints

If you’ve had a bad experience with the police, this section explains how to  make an official complaint.

If you feel you have been treated badly by the police in any way Galop can help you to make an official complaint.  We will take the details of your complaint and pass it to the official Independent Police Complaints Commission (IPCC) so that they can record it.

Galop can advise you the best way to approach your complaint, help you articulate your issues and help to make sure you meet any deadlines for submitting information if necessary.  Submitting through Galop will not give your complaint any ‘preferential attention’ but we will try and monitor the progress of your complaint.

Unless there are exceptional circumstances you should make your complaint within 12 months of the alleged incident.