What if you are not happy with how your complaint was handled?

In certain circumstances, you may be able to appeal to the IPCC if:

• your complaint was not properly ‘recorded’ by the police
• the police didn’t handle your complaint in the way that you agreed at the start of the process
• you have not been given enough information about what the investigation has found