Complaints About The Police

If you feel that you have been treated unfairly by the police, Galop can help. Examples of the types of situations we may be able to help with include:
•    If you you have reported something to the police and asked them to investigate further but they don’t seem to have done so.
•    If you have reported homophobic or transphobic abuse and the police have refused to record it or help you.
•    If the police havce been homophobic, transphobic or racist.

Initially, we might be able to help resolve the situation by speaking to the police and finding out what is happening for you, or by putting you in touch with an LGBT Liaison Officer who will be supportive and sympathetic. If this doesn’t work, we can also help you to make a complaint either directly to the police, or to the Independent Police Complaints Commission (an independent organisation which investigates police complaints). Our case workers at Galop are here to assist you every step of the way.