What Else Can I Do?

If you’ve recently experienced an assault, a Haven can talk to you about having a medical exam, collecting evidence, and keeping yourself safe. You don’t have to give anyone your name, and can call a Haven directly if it’s an emergency. Going to a Haven doesn’t mean that you have to involve the police. If you’d rather not contact the Havens or the police, we can talk to them for you.

It’s important to remember that you can get help with sexual abuse that happened in your past. We can help you talk to the police if you’d like to make a report about abuse you experienced months or even years ago. Galop can direct you towards counsellors and organisations that work with LGBT people who experienced abuse as young people.

, ,