- You don’t have to have experienced anything to get in touch – for example, if you’d like more information about anything in this leaflet, or advice about how to stay safe, we’d be happy to chat to you.
- If you think something happened that was not right, but it’s difficult to put your finger on it. If you’re not sure something was transphobic and want more advice, or if you want to talk about an experience of transphobia, you can contact Galop in confidence via our telephone helpline service or online. Galop is run by the LGBT communities for the LGBT communities, so you’ll speak to a dedicated caseworker who will listen to what you say and take you seriously.
- Galop can give you support and advice about how best to deal with transphobia, domestic or sexual abuse by exploring the options available to you.
- If you need further support, Galop can advocate on your behalf. This is when a specialist caseworker fights for your corner, for example by speaking or writing to others on your behalf, going with you to meetings and working with you to get the outcomes you deserve.
- If you are injured in an attack, Galop can assist you with making a criminal injuries claim through a Government system called the Criminal Injuries Compensation Scheme.
- • Galop can help you report the incident to the police through our third party reporting service. This means you can report to the police through us. Again, you can decide whether you want to report anonymously or provide your contact details.
- Reporting your experiences also helps reflect the true extent of transphobia – around 80% of incidents go unreported.
- If we are unable to help you directly, we can put you in contact with specialist advisors, for example, on housing or legal matters.
How Can Galop Help?
Latest Tweets @GalopUK
- Reminder: We are recruiting a Hate Crime Caseworker & Volunteer Mentor Coordinator, £27,340, FT, deadline 30/01/2017 https://t.co/v8Vz8nvAvi 12:24:23 PM January 19, 2017 from Twitter Web Client
- We are recruiting! Hate Crime Caseworker & Volunteer Mentor Coordinator https://t.co/v8Vz8nvAvi Please RT https://t.co/cxxIuLWvg9 06:05:27 PM January 13, 2017 from Twitter Web Client
- RT @lgbtfriend: We have a FREE one-day workshop for #LGBT people who have been affected by #domesticabuse on 4th February https://t.co/1IMK… 07:19:48 PM January 10, 2017 from Mobile Web (M5)
- RT @EHRC: In England & Wales #HateCrime can be reported here https://t.co/SG78a8rbXH In Scotland report here https://t.co/Ikym1LAzYq #Natio… 12:16:04 PM January 09, 2017 from Twitter Web Client