- You don’t have to have experienced anything to get in touch – for example, if you’d like more information about anything in this leaflet, or advice about how to stay safe, we’d be happy to chat to you.
- If you think something happened that was not right, but it’s difficult to put your finger on it. If you’re not sure something was transphobic and want more advice, or if you want to talk about an experience of transphobia, you can contact Galop in confidence via our telephone helpline service or online. Galop is run by the LGBT communities for the LGBT communities, so you’ll speak to a dedicated caseworker who will listen to what you say and take you seriously.
- Galop can give you support and advice about how best to deal with transphobia, domestic or sexual abuse by exploring the options available to you.
- If you need further support, Galop can advocate on your behalf. This is when a specialist caseworker fights for your corner, for example by speaking or writing to others on your behalf, going with you to meetings and working with you to get the outcomes you deserve.
- If you are injured in an attack, Galop can assist you with making a criminal injuries claim through a Government system called the Criminal Injuries Compensation Scheme.
- • Galop can help you report the incident to the police through our third party reporting service. This means you can report to the police through us. Again, you can decide whether you want to report anonymously or provide your contact details.
- Reporting your experiences also helps reflect the true extent of transphobia – around 80% of incidents go unreported.
- If we are unable to help you directly, we can put you in contact with specialist advisors, for example, on housing or legal matters.
How Can Galop Help?
Latest tweets @GalopLondon@GalopLondon
Galop is London's LGBT anti-violence and abuse charity.
- If you're coming to our office, don't forget to pop into Angel @waitrose & vote for them to donate to our anti-violence work- last chance!
- Very excited to see Blue the dog voguing in @Camdenlgbtforum's LGBT History Month pamphlet for Trans* Best Friends! http://t.co/8CG7CyYihs
- @CharleneWhite If your friend wants to talk about it shes v welcome to call us - 0207 704 676 - http://t.co/KP32wwpLVk