Domestic abuse can take many forms. Find out how to tell if you’re experiencing it and what to do if you are.
Does your partner, ex-partner, or a family member:
- Call you names, threaten to ‘out’ you, or use put-downs?
- Use your gender or sexuality as a basis for threats or harm?
- Damage your property?
- Threaten to harm you or others that you love?
- Control your access to money?
- Make unwanted advances or force you into unwanted sexual contact?
- Hit, shove, grab, kick, throw things, or use other forms of physical violence on you?
- Control your contact with friends, family, work, or the LGBT ‘scene’?
- Threaten to harm themselves if you leave or seek help?
If so, you might be experiencing domestic abuse. The LGBT Domestic Abuse Partnership can help.