Galop’s helpline will close at 4 and re-open at . You can leave a message on the answerphone or fill in the online report form here on the website if you want to tell us about something. We will get back to you as soon as possible in the New Year. Galop’s helpline: 020 7704 2040
Our office will close at noon on Thursday 24th December and re-open at 10am on Monday 4th January. Galop’s office: 020 7704 6767
If you have been hurt, threatened or experience any kind of harassment or violence, call the police. For emergencies call otherwise call
You can call the police incident room on 020 8358 0400. The police can talk to you in confidence, even if you want to be anonymous. If you would prefer to talk to Galop first, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org or fill in the confidential online form here on the website. We will get back to you in the first week of January.
If you need support and someone to talk to while we are closed, here are some useful options:
- offers listening, advice and useful contacts and is open every day from 10am to 11pm. Tel:
- is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week on Tel:
- Childline has useful information, web chat and telephone support for young people Tel: 0800 1111 www.childline.org.uk
- The website www.stoponlineabuse.org.uk has lots of useful information and links if you experience harassment on social media or online.
In addition to calling the police on 999, you can get confidential emergency treatment and help at a Sexual Assault Referral Centre.
- In London Tel: 020 3299 6900,
- For Centres outside London, go to: www.thesurvivorstrust.org
- Survivors UK’s web chat support for men is open for some of the Christmas period www.survivorsuk.org
- Rape Crisis offer telephone support for women Tel: 0808 802 9999 www.rapecrisislondon.org
If you experience domestic abuse:
In addition to calling the police on 999, you can find advice and someone to talk to at:
We wish you all a peaceful and safe festive season
The Galop team