Exit site Click here, or press the β€˜esc’ key to exit this site quickly

National Helpline for LGBT+ Victims and Survivors of Abuse and Violence0800 999 5428

Email help@galop.org.uk

Home Forums Looking for support? New here? Welcome!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 57 total)
  • Author

We wanted to start a thread to welcome new users to the forum! Feel free to pop in here and say hello to one another, we’re very pleased to have you all here! πŸ™‚

A big welcome to our first members: Filbert, Elf not on a shelf, bishbashbosh and Blah1. Thanks for joining us!

A warm welcome to MxMazeppa! Thank you for joining!

Good morning and welcome to Pebbles who has joined us on the forum! We looking forward to talking with you on the forum πŸ™‚ The Galop Helpline Team

Happy Friday everyone! User001, welcome to the forum – thanks for joining us.

Welcome to chollybumble and SurvivalMode, thank you for being part of the forum. Have a safe, restful weekend everyone and we hope to talk to you soon.

Underwolf has joined the forum! Welcome Underwolf, thank you for being here with us

We’re welcoming Strong to the forum! Thanks for joining, we hope to talk to you soon πŸ™‚

Happy Christmas Eve to all who celebrate! πŸ˜€ And welcome to AllThePink, it’s great to have you here.

Happy 2021 to everyone on the forum, may it hold some growth and joy. The helpline team want to welcome @Partytime and thank @Strong and Partytime for their posts this year. Looking foward to more conversations with you.

A big, friendly welcome to @stargazer who is new here! A good place to start is the ‘is it abuse?’ thread. Perhaps you might want to join in the conversation? Wishing you a good day, The Helpline team

Welcoming @justme to the forum. Hoping that the forum is helpful to you πŸ™‚ The Helpline Team

Hi @Lancashirelad, thanks for joining the LGBT+ domestic abuse survivors forum. Feel free to read, share or ask the community questions. Perhaps you might like to share your story and see if other people have had a similar experience.
    All the best, The Helpline Team

Lancashire Lad
    Participant

Thank you!

I’m glad I found this website, I haven’t really been able to share my experience of being in an abusive relationship, even though it was nearly ten years ago. I’m still living with a lot of psychological scars and my friends and family don’t seem particularly comfortable in discussing it with me. The general view for many of them is that if it’s not discussed, it didn’t happen. I’ve also had the classic line “the relationship only lasted a couple of years, how much damage could it have done?”

Really glad to have you hear Lancashire Lad – I hope it’s a helpful space for you πŸ™‚

A warm welcome to @FairieDust, @Palm tree and @shouldhaveknownbetter today. Thank you so much for joining us.

If you’d like to share your stories, head on over to Share your story or have a look at one of the conversations that’s been going in Is it abuse? or Recovery after abuse to see if you’d like to talk directly to our other forum users about your experiences.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 57 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.